So you’ve gotten a brand new shampoo bar (or maybe someone got it for you), but you don’t know how to even begin to use it? Don’t worry, we’ve all been there! It’s always hard to incorporate a new item to your self-care routine. Here’s a step-by-step guide to using your shampoo bar:
1. Wet your hair with warm water.
2. Get your shampoo bar slightly wet and apply it directly to your scalp, rubbing in a circular motion for about 30 seconds.
3. Massage the shampoo into your scalp and hair.
4. Rinse thoroughly with warm water until all of the shampoo is gone from your hair and scalp, then repeat this step if needed.
5. Follow up with conditioner if desired (we recommend doing so!).
6. Let the bar dry completely before storing it away for travel—otherwise it will get mushy and unusable.
But why are shampoo bars better than regular shampoo?
Shampoo bars have been gaining popularity in recent years, since they are more practical, more environmentally friendly, and better for your hair. Here are some reasons why we love shampoo bars:
- They are great for traveling. Shampoo bottles can be bulky and hard to manage when you’re on the go, and liquids are tricky to take on planes. Shampoo bars are easy to carry around in your bag, so they’re perfect for taking on vacation or just going out for a day trip.
- Less plastic waste! Plastic bottles are horrible for the environment, but shampoo bars don’t use any plastic at all.
- It’s easier to use more liquid shampoo than you need. With a shampoo bar, there’s no need to squeeze out any extra product—just wet your hair and rub the bar over it to get all the lather you need.
- Our shampoo bars are free of sulfates and other chemicals that might strip your hair. This means that they won’t damage your hair or make it less healthy-looking than before—and they’ll leave your mane smelling amazing too!
At Not to Die For* we want to make mindful living easier, that’s why we created a marketplace where you can find eco-friendly vegan products without having to go on long internet searches or read ingredient lists. We read labels so you don’t have to!